Another dish that’s uniquely Filipino, the Arroz ala Cubana boasts wonderful flavour, plus it’s great with rice!
- 300g block of firm tofu, drained.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic, diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seed powder
- 2 tsp. Thyme
- 2 tsp. McCormick Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup raisins
How to cook:
- Drain tofu and mash in a bowl. It has to look like a mushy mess. Ensure no large chunks are left.
- Warm 2 tbsp. vegetable oil in large skillet or wok. Saute tofu until slightly crispy and/or free of any moisture. Put aside.
- Warm 2 tbsp. vegetable oil. Saute garlic and onion.
- Stir in tomatoes and soy sauce.
- When softened, add mashed tofu, raisins, and then the cumin, thyme and italian seasoning.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until brown and/or slightly crispy.
- Serve with fried bananas.