Hey there! Remember the Pixar animated film “Ratatouille”? How they served that food critic Anton Ego with a seemingly simple vegetable dish that somehow unlocked his childhood memories and sent him back to the stone ages?
Yeah, we’re making that dish. Only, this time, since we don’t have an oven, why don’t we stir-fry it, yes?
- 2 medium carrots, diced.
- 2 medium green bell peppers, diced.
- 1 whole garlic, minced.
- 1 onion, minced.
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 large potatoes, cubed.
- 3 eggplants, wedged lengthwise.
- SPICES: cumin seed powder, thyme, cinnamon, salt, pepper.
How to cook:
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes until onions are clear-coloured and tomato juices are infused in the oil.
- Add bell peppers, carrots, and potatoes.
- Spice with cumin seed powder and thyme, as well as salt and pepper, to taste.
- Saute and stir-fry the vegetables.
- Add eggplant wedges on top of the stir-fry. Sprinkle cinnamon powder all over eggplant wedges.
- Leave eggplant wedges to steam for 3-5 minutes, then stir into the stir-fry.