Achievement unlocked! I made a completely vegan dish, from scratch, in just under two (2) hours!
Veggie burger steak and mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy. Yes, it’s vegan. No, it’s not made out of tofu nor gluten. In fact, there’s absolutely none of that!
Here’s how to make your own veggie burgers!
- Boil potatoes and cook brown rice.
- While waiting for potatoes and rice to cook, prepare blender.
- When rice is done cooking, blend rice, raw oats, an onion, and 4 garlic cloves.
- Season blended concoction with salt and pepper. Prepare flat pan and oil for frying.
- When potatoes are done boiling, drain water.
- Put skillet on stovetop and heat oil.
- Mash potatoes while waiting for oil to heat up. Set aside.
- Grab blender. Remove blade. Grab the sticky concoction and roll into balls and flatten into patties.
- Fry patties to burger perfection.
- While waiting for patties to cook, season mashed potatoes with salt, pepper, and your own blend of 11 (or so) secret herbs and spices, then mix and fold until you get desired consistency, all while flipping burger patties to cook the other side.
- When burgers are all done, keep some of the oil and add mushrooms. Saute until brown, add salt, pepper, and cornstarch solution. Boil until you get gravy.
- Serve hot and enjoy!